I’m going to answer some of the question you guys asked on my blog!
This time about trouble before taking off a back side spin!
I can make a clean back side 360 but just on a jump which I always practice with.
So, this is the only jump I can make a clean backside 360.
Why am I struggling spinning backside 360 on the other jumps?
Please tell me.
This is common issue with intermediate snowboarders.
People who is struggling with a jump every time when its shape of the jump changed, they take off too soon.
All jumps have different shape, and those are always changing by everyday maintenance and so on.
For example, your footing will be affected by
Because all these changes require you to change your balance and timing while approaching to the jump, and if you start moving too soon while you are requiring changing your balance in regard to the jump angle and length, it’ll obviously be difficult to take off.
As I talked in the other tutorial, if you don’t lean and rotate your body until the center of the board comes to the lip, then your takeoff won’t be affected by jump shape and your footing will be stay strong to take off your backside spin.
This is why straight air is easier to control to take off than spinning.
Ok, now how can you wait for takeoff?
Here are some tips you can try to fix the issue instantly.
1. Start a rotation when the knuckle comes into view
2. Rotate your body immediately after pop your legs
3. Start a rotation when your back leg comes to the lip
Or you can practice like this.
This is the most certain way to learn timing and balance for your spin.
1. Learn the timing for your takeoff with straight air
2. Learn balance on the edge while practicing straight airs off the edges
3. Learn the timing and balance for your take off with a 180 spin
4. Learn the timing and balance for your take off with a 360 spin
Add an image of spinning 360 to the straight air off the edge before you actually spin on the jump.
This is the key for not being affected by jump shape.
If you can keep your posture just as straight air off the edge by the lip, then nothing will hinder your takeoff.
You can rotate your body as much as you want if you can wait for takeoff.
Once again, let’s summarize what we learned up to this point.
1. Keep your posture as straight air off the edge until takeoff.
2. Start to rotate your body when the center of your board comes to the lip.
These tips are effective to the front side spin and for people who is practicing 540 and 720 too.
We are happy to answer to your questions.
So please leave your comment here or watch our tutorial on our YouTube channel to learn more.
Snowboard Dojo Wiz Team